Wed, 18 May 2022

Washington [US], January 14 (ANI): Despite a search warrant, actor Alec Baldwin has not handed his cell phone over to Santa Fe authorities investigating the fatal shooting during the filming of the movie 'Rust'.

On Thursday, the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office issued a statement on the matter, reported The Hollywood Reporter.

The sheriff's office had its warrant approved on December 16 and stated that it had been in contact with Baldwin's lawyer to obtain consent to retrieve the phone on December 20. However, the phone has yet to be handed over, the sheriff's office concluded.

The statement comes days after Baldwin said he was complying with the investigation into last fall's deadly production shooting.

"Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants about my phone, that's bullshit, that's a lie," he said in a video he posted to social media on January 8.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed when a prop-gun held by Baldwin went off on the set of 'Rust' on October 21. (ANI)

More Albuquerque News

Access More

Sign up for Albuquerque News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!